Coming to Wembley can be a nightmare. You can travel all the way to Wembley and then the last few miles can take forever. This is because everyone travels the same way and comes in via the North Circular on the east side of the ground. The Greenman Pub and Hotel has listed a different way of getting to the Car Park, which involves leaving the M1 at Junction 4 and coming in via Stanmore. Baring unforeseen circumstances, we find this way much better as it avoids all the North Circular congestion. We will also have alternate routes coming in from M40 or West of London soon.
Directions from M1
1) Leave M1 at Junction 4 (signposted Harrow/Edgware) and go straight down until the first roundabout.
2) Turn right at this roundabout (2nd exit) and carry on to the next roundabout. Go straight across ( 2nd exit – sign posted Stanmore/Harrow)
3) Keep going straight and you will pass Stanmore Tube Station on your left and at the next set of traffic lights past the Stanmore Tube Station, turn left (signposted Wembley/Kingsbury)
4) Keep going straight until you come to a set of traffic lights and go straight across (signposted Wembley/ Kingsbury/Wealdstone)
5) Keep going straight until you reach the next roundabout and take 2nd exit (straight across) signposted Wembley/Harrow/Kingsbury.
6) Keep going straight. You will pass B&Q and Morrisons on your left and then Iceland on your right. Straight after passing Iceland you will come to another roundabout. Take the 3rd exit (The Mall) sign posted Kenton/Harrow. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE THE 3RD EXIT AND NOT THE 2ND WHICH IS SIGNED POSTED WEMBLEY.
7) Keep going until you come to a roundabout and turn left (1st exit) sign posted Wembley/Neasden.
8) From here keep going straight. You will pass Preston Road Tube Station on your right, and then a pub called The Preston also on your right. Keep going until you come to a set of traffic lights (there is a café on your right called Sunrise Cafe) and go straight across the lights.
9) Keep going until you come to another set of lights and go straight across.
10) You should now be heading up a small hill and at the top of the hill is the entrance to the Green Man Hotel. Turn right into this and carry on up the driveway until you see the Car Park.
Exit Directions – Back to M1
1) Come out of the driveway and turn left. Follow down to a set of traffic lights and go straight across. Follow road down to next set of traffic lights and go straight across.
2) Keep going straight and you will a pass a pub called The Preston on your left and then the Preston Road Tube Station also on your left. Keep going till you come to a mini roundabout and go straight across. Only about 100 yards past this mini roundabout, you will come to another roundabout. Take the 3rd exit signposted Kingsbury.
3) Follow this road all the way down until you come to another roundabout and take the 2nd exit. You will pass Iceland on your left, then Morrisons and B&Q on the right. Keep going straight until you come to another roundabout.
4) At this roundabout, take the 3rd exit (signposted Stanmore) and carry on straight down. Keep going until you come to a set of traffic lights with shops on your left (There is a bar called Conways).
5) At these traffic lights go straight across and follow the road up to the next set of lights. At these lights there is a restaurant called Jonathons on your left and you need to turn right here (should be signed posted M1)
6) Go straight down and you will pass Stanmore Tube Station on your right. Keep going straight until you reach the next roundabout and go straight across (2nd exit)
7) Only about 100 yards past this there is another roundabout where you turn left (1st exit) and it should be signposted M1.
8) Once you have turned left, the exit to junction 4 of the M1 is about ¾ of a mile on the left.
9) If you come to a roundabout, then you have gone too far.
The area around North/North West London gets incredibly congested on the event days at Wembley Stadium. Therefore,Wembley Parking Services has compiled some thoughts to help people who don’t know the area well. However, the situation may change due to unforeseen circumstances and therefore it is adviasable to follow the travel bulletins on the radio.
1) Congestion Charge – We are often asked about the Congestion Charge. Wembley is more than 10 miles from the Congestion Zone and therefore do not pay Congestion Charge.
2) ULEZ – Ultra Low Emission Zone – The Greenman Pub and Hotel is not in the ULEZ. As long as you do not drive inside the A406 – North Circular, you will not incur a ULEZ charge. ULEZ charge is only applicable to certain older vehicles. Please click here for further information.
3) If going to a midweek event, the travel around Wembley will always be worse. Give yourself plenty of time.
4) On M25 (travelling from East) and M1 there are certain signs that tell you to Exit at Junction 16 on M25 for Wembley. Ignore these signs because if you are coming from these directions, you will increase the journey time by over an hour.
5) If travelling from South West England (West Country, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, etc.) don’t travel up M3/M4 to North Circular as this will take longer because of the traffic. Exit at M25 and then take M40. Exit at A4127 (Greenford Road) and then turn right onto A404 (Harrow Road) which will bring you into Wembley and close to our Car Park.
The Greenman Pub and Hotel wishes you a safe journey to Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena and your return Journey Home.